Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hiloti.gen!D virus/popup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 jckbredwards

jckbredwards

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:54 AM

Hello Wise Wizards of Bleeping Computer:
I'm back for what seems to be an annual infection of one of the kids computers. This time it is (I think) the Hiloti virus. Tried run Malwarebytes and it said it found and removed stuff but it comes back when I re-start. A windows defender alert window popped up and I don't know if it is real or fake. It looked real and so I ran it and tried to remove it via the Windows Defender tool but honestly it seems to have made things worse. Constant popups that tell me legit programs are viruses or are infected and barrages of alerts asking me to run some security service. Sounds fake to me. I did the prep work mentioned and have a DDS log and gmer log attached. I ran the gmer and DDS and defogger by d/loading onto a flash drive and then running form the flash drive. I'm posting using the home computer rather than the infected laptop. So there may be a lag because I will be d'loading things onto a flash drive plugging in the flash to the infected laptop (which is in safe mode). The laptop is a tablet made byy acer running windows 7 home premium edition. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jckbredwards

jckbredwards
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

I went to other portions of this board and tried a few things. It seems to have worked so you can consider this closed. I'll repost with a new topic if things come back. Basically, I restored the system to a month earlier date. Updated all the anti virus software. Ran malware and the AVG scans and things are working now. But if there is a return I will repost.

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

Thanks for letting me know :thumbup2:

-----------------------------------------------

This topic has been closed.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact me via pm with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users