Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is this error?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 stephishy

stephishy

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

I installed an HP printer and then I started getting this error each time I booted up my computer. It is SO ANNOYING and each time I click it it keeps coming back. I just pick it up and shove it into an unused corner of my desktop. Still, for some reason each time I open a new browser/tab, or open explorer, I have to click "Try Again" or "Continue" to make the stupid thing load.

Sometimes clicking it repeatedly makes it go away. I haven't figured out what even triggers this. Maybe something to do with plugging something in to a USB port, or unplugging something. Whatever it is, it's magical and unpredictable.

The error says:

Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

I attached a screen shot below.

Any advice would be SO APPRECIATED.

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgw)

Thank you!
Stephanie

Attached Files

Edited by jgweed, 04 January 2011 - 11:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

If you uninstall the printer does the error go away?

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:32 AM

Hi stephishy -
This solution is from one of the other forums - You can try it one step at a time - I would first try the above simple method from FrankO'TheMountain -

Sometimes when you start your computer you get this error message:

Exception processing message c0000013 parameters 75b1bf9c 4 75b1f9c

If you get this error message while starting the system, please follow the below steps to resolve it.
It has been observed that a program called dit.exe causes this error message.
This program usually runs on startup and is of not much use.

First of all we need to check if this really causing the problem.

1.Click on Start and Run.

2.Type on msconfig and click OK.

It lists all of the programs that are on start up. If it appears on startup list, please disable it and restart your computer.
After you restart, check if you still get the error message. If you do not get the error message anymore, it means this dit.exe was creating the problem.
So please delete it from your windows folder. You can also delete dit.dll, dit.ini, and ditxp.exe.

Thank You -

Edited to say use the First solution if it works - Only try the second one if you wish to -

Edited by noknojon, 04 January 2011 - 02:11 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:55 AM

It seems that there are a number of causes for this problem. One of these is HP software. Since it looks like this problem began after installing the HP printer it looks like this could be the culprit. Try uninstalling the drivers in the Device Manager and see if this stops the error message. If it does then we can look for a workaround.

Edited by dc3, 04 January 2011 - 01:55 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 stephishy

stephishy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:28 AM

Thanks for the quick reply guys!

@FrankOtheMountaiN So I haven't tried uninstalling the printer...because I want to use the printer? I mean, if the printer driver is the problem, then does that I mean I can't use the printer? If I use the driver instillation that HP has on their website instead of the cd that came with the printer...would it make a difference?

@noknojon I looked through my startup programs and didn't see anything called dit.exe.

This is such a noob question, but where is Device Manager? I usually uninstall stuff by the uninstall program in the start menu. I'd look up the answer myself, but I ALSO have a search engine redirect bug on my computer that I'm trying to get solved on the malware log part of this forum, hahaha.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:50 AM

I made an error in my last post. To uninstall the HP drivers you will need to do this in the Control Panel.

Go to Start, click on Control Panel. When it opens click on Add or Remove programs. Scroll down till you see the HP printer and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:03 AM

I know you want to use the printer!
Sometimes you have to go back to move forward.
Which HP printer is it?

With HP printers, you have to use the disc/or the download from HP
(The download probably being better because it's a newer version).

Tricky part sometimes is that Windows tries to install it at the same time,
(Just ignore Windows, and stick with the HP install program).

You do not need to install all of the bloatware that HP bundles with their setup.
Shortest point from A to B.

To start msconfig: startbox/run (then type this>) MSCONFIG (hit enter).
Observe the entries in the STARTUP tab. These are the programs that load when your PC starts.
(most people have these filled with junk 50-80 programs).
you can remove the HP entries, then log off/on.

When it comes back, there will be a little message saying that msconfig has been edited (this is normal).
Tick the box in the lower left corner, then hit OK, and it will not haunt you again. (until next time).

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

I see that you have an HJT log posted here: Because you have this log posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

I will bring this topic to the attention of a Moderator to close this topic until the MRT has resolved you malware issue.

#9 stephishy

stephishy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:48 AM

Thanks a bunch FrankOtheMountaiN! I guess I'll just wait like dc3 said :) Oops, forgot about that rule.

#10 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:52 PM

I guess I'll just wait like dc3 said :) Oops, forgot about that rule.

Yep. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer. So to avoid any such confusion, I'm going to temporarily lock this topic. Please let me or another mod know if/when you need it reopened. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users