Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Hard Drive Power Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Andyboy1973

Andyboy1973

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

Hi all,

New to the forum so please excuse any newbie gaffes.

I have an HP Pavilion ze5170 that won't boot from the hard drive. As the disk drive is broken, I removed the hard drive to test it and reinstall the OS (XP) and it worked like a charm. Once I installed it back in the laptop however, I get a error message saying that there is no OS. The drive uses a connector to fit into the slot, and it feels a little loose when in place. My thoughts were that it could it be a crappy connector. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

AB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

yes it could be a bad connection. first look for dirt or dust or bent pins in connection.
if you installed the os using another machine and then slammed it back into the laptop it is not likely to work as the install must look at the hardware being used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users