Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Irven

Irven

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

The computer has been infected with a fake antivirus and I cannot even backup my files or open any programs,I am using a different computer for this posting. I am running windows XP home, My anti virus is AVAST and I ran a boot scan and found several infections and deleted them but the fake antivirus is still holding me hostage, I tried to use Malware Bites from a flash drive but the infection will not allow me to start it. What can I do??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Irven

Irven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

I cannot connect to the internet or run any programs, Except that i just now got it to go into safe mode and am running Super Anti Spyware and it has found 1649 Threats so far and still running, one threat is "Rouge.Power-antivirus 2009" and another is "Rouge.agent/Gen-Nello(dll)" I will try to go through the checklist and let you know if I can or not, Before I could not start the backup or anything, Thank you for you assistance Irven Griffin

#4 Irven

Irven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

I finished running the Super Anti Spyware in the safe mode then ran AVAST rootkit settings and now I am free to go everything is running great , Thank you for your support in this Irven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users