Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is My Pc A Spam Server?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 08 December 2005 - 04:22 PM

Hi All,

Not quite sure where this thread belongs :thumbsup:

I received 2 failure delivery messages that make it look like I tried to send mail to a bunch of people I don't know. These messages are from "System Administrator", but when I click on email sender(System Administrator) to find out any more information, Outlook has no more info - all the fields are blank. Edit: I found one non-empty field - the display name is listed as "." (dot).

Normally, when I get one of these messages I check the message headers by viewing the message "options", but these messages didn't have any(!!!)

Is there any way I could send a test message as "System Administrator" or have Exchange send me such a message to compare the fields that my Exchange server inserts to the ones in the suspect messages?

Edit: On editing and seeing a display name of ".", I'm fairly certain this is just spam, but I think I'll leave the message posted in case anyone has similar questions.

Edited by BanditFlyer, 08 December 2005 - 04:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users