Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome is hanging

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jlbloom

jlbloom

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

Hello!

Here is my problem on my Dell VOSTROS laptop, event viewer error - Hanging application chrome.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Running Windows XP professional SP 3. Avast free version is running. Sometime in December, my laptop started misbehaving. Google Chrome hangs. I read something about uninstalling Adobe Flash Player, which I have done. I'm still having the same problem. I'm using IE to send this and am having no problem. This had cleared up for several days, but it is back. I have run TDSSkiller with no luck. I would love to tell you what I ran before Christmas that seemed to clear it up, but in my introduction I told you I'm in that over 50 category. I have no recollection of what I ran and whatever I downloaded is not in my download folder.

I appreciate any help you all can offer.

Thanks,
Julie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

hi,welcome to bc. you may want to try uninstalling, then deleting the cache and profile, then doing a clean install. if your not 100% on all the steps (neither am I!) look it up on google chrome help, there is a lot of good info there. Do you use any chrome extensions?

edit: first backup your bookmarks and whatnot, you don't want to loose them while deleting stuff

Edited by thrillhouse, 03 January 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#3 jlbloom

jlbloom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it. I have continued to have it hang. Firefox will not open either. It starts running in task manager but nothing comes up. I guess I'm not sure how to delete the cache and profile. Please point me in the right direction! Thanks...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users