Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Update Server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sketch71

Sketch71

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

Seeing how Adobe likes to push out a new version of flash player every week and a half I was wanting to setup some type of Adobe Update server. The business I work for only uses acrobat and flash player.. We get calls to install updates several times a week and feel that if we had some type of local update server this would help things out. Some of the offices are also on ISDN connections so having something relatively local would be a greatly helpful. I was wondering if anyone was or had done this. if so how did you do it and how did it work out?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey look, buddy, I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like 'what is beauty?', because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

Do you have a domain server at each office or do they connect to a domain server over a remote link? If so you could use AD to force push the software updates to every computer. That is of course if you are using Windows.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users