Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google "redirect" in both IE & Firefox

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigredhorse

bigredhorse

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hi, and Happy New Year -

When I click on results from Google searches on my PC (Windows XP Media Edition SP3), using both IE and Firefox, I either get "redirected" to a suspicious page, or the resulting page looks suspicious even if I don't get redirected. Ran MalwareBytes and Superantispyware in regular and safe modes. In safemode I ran Rkill before the malware programs. Restarted, reconnected to internet, same issues.

Thanks in advnace for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 justanotherguy

justanotherguy

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

I have the same problem. only rkill doesnt seem to run. which one rkill link did you use? because for some reason mine rkill cant run in DOS mode on my PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users