Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Reboot Loop???

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 carpmentor

carpmentor

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:16 AM

I have a Toshiba Satellite L-45-S7423. I cannot get the computer to boot up. I turn the computer on and it goes into loading the Windows, but gets caught in a continuous loop. It says it cannot repair itself. I have tried to use the recovery disk that came with the computer but to no avail. I have read as much as I can on this problem and it seems it is a common problem associated with Vista updates. I want to use this computer, and do not mind if I have to do a total reformat. Has anyone on here found any solutios to the loop? Or can someone walk me through on how to reformat the computer without being able to even get into windows?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

I have tried to use the recovery disk that came with the computer but to no avail

Explain, what exactly you did.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 carpmentor

carpmentor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:38 PM

I put the disk in and hit F12 to change the computer to boot the CD. It comes up with two options: Toshiba Recovery or System Recovery. When I click on the Toshiba recovery I get ERROR 03-FFFF-000 "This model is not supported. Please press [OK] to turn off the computer".

If I go under the system recovery, I cannot restore because it says that there are not any restore points.

#4 carpmentor

carpmentor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

I would be happy to just take the computer to original settings. I have found people have been able to do that while holding zero when powering on. My toshiba must not have that shortcut. I think the only other way to restore it to the way it was out of the box is thru the Toshiba Recovery, which does not work. I bought a new hard drive, but am afraid the disks will not have everything I need to format the new drive.

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

https://newcorp1.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9586/~/error-message-03-ffff-0000-this-model-is-not-supported.-%28toshiba-laptops%29

Make sure you are using the correct Recovery CD.Please see the resolution for each error below.

1. ERR : 03-FFFF-0000 or 03-FFFF-0013 - "This model is not supported. Please press [OK] to turn off the computer".

• If the system board on your notebook was replaced, please take the notebook back to the Authorized Service Provider that did the service.
  • If the system board was never replaced, and you are still experiencing this error, please take the notebook to any Authorized Service Provider.*

Are you sure, you have correct CD?

If so, your Toshiba MAY have recovery partition.
Hold down the 0 (zero) key and turn the laptop on. Keep holding down the zero key until the TOSHIBA logo appears, where you should start tapping the zero key repeatedly. Stop if the unit beeps or when the TOSHIBA logo disappears. The screen should flash ** HDD RECOVERY MODE ** for a split second, then load the Toshiba recovery program right from the hard drive.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 carpmentor

carpmentor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:56 PM

I am 100% sure I have the right disk. I have installed the new hard drive and am still getting the same error when I try to load the cd and go into Toshiba Recovery.

I also tried the zero and power again, still does not work. It goes to a screen that show my computer info

Intel UNDI, PXE-2,1 (build 082)
Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Realtek RTL8139(X)/8130/810X PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v2.13 (021015)
PXE-E61: Media Tests Failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: EXiting PXE ROM

Reboot and select proper Boot Device
or insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

Go to BIOS. Make sure, that the boot order reads: floppy, CD, HD
Disable Boot from Network (wording is different on every machine, may say Integrated NIC, Network, PXE-xxxxxxx)

My Website

p4433470.gif

#8 carpmentor

carpmentor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

I switched the order as you have said. Restarted the computer and am still getting the this model is not supperted error from the disk.

#9 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

I'm afraid, you'll have to call Toshiba.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#10 carpmentor

carpmentor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

On the phone currently. I think the recovery disk is bad. It just is weird that I can do the system recovery, but not the Toshiba recovery wizard.

#11 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

System restore doesn't use CD, but restore points from your hard drive, which are apparently missing.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#12 carpmentor

carpmentor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

I think I may just get a copy of vista and re-install completely

#13 carpmentor

carpmentor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

They said the info on the disk may not be what the label was printed as, but I can buy a new recovery disk for $25

#14 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

It sounds like a good deal to me.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#15 carpmentor

carpmentor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

it's a good deal if it works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users