Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

urgent help!!!! !virus posing as "Windows antivirus" has infected my laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vienne

vienne

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:15 AM

hello
please i need urgent assistance. i think my laptop is infected. this morning i noticed a new icon on my task bar and a notification saying my computer was infected. i knew this wasn't right as i recently installed avast antivirus software on my t. howver this annoying message keeps popping up as a security warning saying" application cannot be executed. the file wuauclt.exe is infected.Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?". if i click "no", the message keeps coming back and if i click yes" it takes me to this site where im supposed to pay money for the antivirus subsciption. it does not let me restore my laptop or install malware bytes or any other program for that matter. i cant open my powerpoint or msword because it diaplays a message that they are infected....HELP!!!!!!!!i need my laoptop as i have exams on wednesday

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vienne

vienne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

seeing that i got no help here,i fixed the problem using combofix...worked like magic :clapping:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users