Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove program...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kcguru

kcguru

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

I have a program on my computer that I am trying to remove but I can't. Everytime I try to run the install, whether through the control panel or CCleaner, I get an error message saying "InstallScript Setup Launcher has stopped working," and then it closes. How can I get rid of this program?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

Try downloading the install file again and run it. If it gives you the option to uninstall, then do that. Otherwise, install this over the old version, and afterwards, try uninstalling.

Oh, and what program is this?

Edited by trashcan7, 03 January 2011 - 01:35 AM.

#3 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:40 AM

Did you check to see if the program has actually gone. It may have been deleted first go and now it can't find the uninstaller to uninstall nothing. Other than that, you could re-install the program and try to uninstall. You could leave the app as it is, if it does not take up a lot of space or interfere with other things. You could try deleting files, all registry entries you can find and clean up with CCleaner (most risky option).

Drat, beaten to the punch by Trashcan7

Edited by Nanobyte, 03 January 2011 - 01:41 AM.

#4 kcguru

kcguru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:06 AM

It's a program that I had on my computer that a friend of mine was using called PC Stitch Pro. She got a copy for herself on her computer and tried to uninstall the program from mine to clean it up. So I no longer have a copy of the program to try and reinstall over it. I have tried using CCleaner to uninstall it but no such luck.

#5 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:35 AM

Does the programs still run fully? If it does then it's still there!
Can't your friend lend you the program install files/disk?

If it does not run, go into Program Files, find where it lurks and see if there is anything in the folder. There has to be an exe or similar. Sometimes when you uninstall a poorly-written app, a bunch of non-exec files are left which can be deleted.

If you have eliminated the program and it still appears on CCleaner's list you can delete the entry (which is not an uninstall, just cosmetic).

Final option is to contact PCStitch for uninstall instructions. When all else fails, ask the real experts.

Edited by Nanobyte, 03 January 2011 - 02:37 AM.

#6 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:50 AM

You can go to the PCStitch Website to download the install file. Try reinstalling the program and then uninstalling.

#7 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:21 AM

Revo is a program I use to remove programs. If it can find it, it will remove it. Read instruction carefully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users