Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flava

Flava

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:07 PM

I have recently bought a new packard bell computer and so far its worked fine - it has windows xp home SP 2. however i think something has gone wrong with some drivers or something because now whenever i turn my pc on, my keyboard doesnt work (in firefox, when i press F it opens the find feature..) - and to fix it I have to hold ctrl, alt and shift using the on-screen keyboard, and even then i have problems. also, when i start up my pc i can click many items on the desktop and they all become highlighted. its basically replaced all my keyboard and mouse functions with the CTRL functions (CTRL allows you to select lots of icons, and open find in mozilla). this problem is very annoying now and i cannot do anything.

i have tried uninstalling the driver, and when i plug my keyboard back in it reinstalls it automatically and i have same problem. i cannot find a new driver anywhere. the keyboard is listed as "standard 101/102-key or microsoft natural ps/2 keyboard" - driver date 01/07/2001 - which seems a bit early to me considering my pc is brand new.

please help if you can - if you need more info about my pc i will give it to you. thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

Dear Flava,

Your HP came with a Microsoft keyboard? Look on the bottom side of your keyboard and give us the name, model, and etc.

If it is Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A or such you need special software downloadable at Microsoft.com/office.

If you can not download the file, let me know.

Junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 Flava

Flava
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:29 AM

Its a CHIC TKB020 - and I have actually changed the keyboard to an old one and its now working fine, so obviously something wrong with the keyboard or its drivers (no drivers came with the PC on a CD or anything). However I'd still like to use the new keyboard, so if anyone knows how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:56 AM

Do a very close inspection of the keyboard cable. I have had my cats chew on mine before. It gave similar, althought not the same, problems.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:42 PM

Dear Flava,

If it is brand new I would take the keyboard back and demand a working one. If you got it off the internet, just email them and I am sure they will replace the keyboard.

Junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users