Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NVIDIA Driver Problem? Black screen.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jyn88

Jyn88

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:53 PM

Hello,

I have been trying to find a solution to this problem but I am having no luck. I recently bought a few random new internal computer parts, such as motherboard, processor, power supply, and graphic card. I also changed over to Windows 7 64-bit. I keep getting this message after a quick black screen:

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 260.99 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I never had this problem until all those new parts I bought and changed. I get a black screen for about 1 second then that notification appears. I thought it only happened as I am gaming (I play window mode) but after I closed the game, it affects Youtube videos as well. I believe 260.99 is most current driver update for my graphic card so I don't understand what's happening. I had some flickering as well in game but I did something and it's gone. Just some torn graphic every now and then and temporary black screen with that notification I stated above.

Here's some information of my computer:

Operating System: Windows 7, 64-bit
Monitor: NEC LCD203WXM
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
RAM: 4.00 GB (DDR2)
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Motherboard: Asus P5G41-M LX2 Series
Hard drive: WDC WD1000JB-00CRA1 ATA
Power Supply: 700W

Thank you in advance and please give me as much information you can.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users