Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Notepad for Flash Drive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nerdnot

Nerdnot

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

I used a Flash Drive with Firefox and Notepad on it for 6 or 7 years. I used this in internet computers overseas until my FD crapped out. When I plugged that FD into an internet computer FF made that computer look the same as FF on my computer at home.

No problem downloading Firefox again but I can't find a free Notepad download for Flash Drives.

What I had before was just like the simple Notepad found on PC's. The program I had before was stored on the FD. Notepad pages I saved were saved to the FD only. I used the saved Notepad info like a Stickie for little reminders and other info. I thought it would be easy to find the same program again but no luck. I found quite a few with lots of extras I didn't need or when pages were saved it would not save to the FD. I also had the same program but called Bootex but can't find that again.

Thank you for any help.

Edited by Nerdnot, 02 January 2011 - 09:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users