Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

water cooling?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CallMeTy

CallMeTy

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

it doesnt look like its that hard to assemble. what are some good brands to look at for cpu liquid cooling? any systems have expandability, like if i wanted to add a gpu water block down the line? pretty much what are you guys using for liquid cooling...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

Personally, im 100% air cooled, however, some good systems that Ive seen in use are Corsair and OCZ liquid cooling systems.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 CallMeTy

CallMeTy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

large air cpu coolers dont cause a strain on your mobo?

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

No, not at all, if you get a good one, especially if you have a good solid motherboard. Im using a Zalman CNPS10X Flex cooler with a antec 120 mm fan on it on my older Gigabyte board, with absolutly no problems. If it is a good solid, name brand board properly attached to the tray, and the heatsink is high end (comes with its own brackets even with AMD, if its a huge cooler using AMDs stock brackets Id avoid it) then it wont hurt your motherboard in the least bit. That zalman keeps my phenom II x4 945 at 26 degrees C at idle, 47-38 C under 90% load (like playing games like bc2) and the hottest ive ever gotten it was 41 C after an hour and a half of torture tests using prime95, so for me if I can keep my system cool enough with air cooling, then I dont use the money on water cooling. I have a case that is well set up for both air cooling and water cooling if I so chose, just a limited budget so I go the air cooling route with no issues whatsoever. Might change my mind when my new motherboard gets here and I crossfire my other card into it though....

That all being said, my best friend uses liquid cooling and loves it, and if your a hard core overclocker its a very good investment. I can overclock like you would not believe with my current system (though I dont, nor do I recomend it) but liquid cooling will do a much better job with overclocking then any air system. . . and even if you dont overclock, nothing wrong with liquid cooling. My buddy is using a Corsair system similar to this right now for one system and a high end 400 dollar OCZ system on the other and both do him quite well, hes managed to get his 1090T up to 4.1 ghz on the corsair and close to 5 I think with the OCZ.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 CallMeTy

CallMeTy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

ok cool cuz i really didnt want to have to keep buying coolant anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users