Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway and HP hybrid laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jct5509

jct5509

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

First let me say that Iím not sure if this is the correct forum for this issue, if not I apologize.
I have two laptops that had experienced failures, a Gateway (model unknown) and a HP DV9000. The hard drive in the Gateway would not boot the system and the HP had Internet connectivity issues from a broken connector on the motherboard. In an attempt to make one good out of two bad, the HPís hard drive was installed in the Gateway.
The system now boots and looks like it will be usable but there are no Ethernet drivers in the system, Iím not sure what the cause is. Neither the HP nor Gateway recovery disk would reformat this hybrid system.
The wireless card installed is an Anatel AR5B91. My plan was to locate drivers and download them to a flash drive in order to get the Frankenstein system operable but have been unable to locate a driver with the AR5B91 number associated to it. Anatelís website is in a language I donít recognize.
Now my questions, is it feasible to expect these two systems from different venders to operate as one? Do I need the Ethernet driver for the specific card number or can another be used. Does anyone have a source for the correct Ethernet drivers?
Any assistance is appreciated,
J

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

http://download.cnet.com/Wireless-Atheros-AR5B91-7-6-0-96-zip/3000-2112_4-202570.html

I went through all the hoops/unzipped it, and it looks legit. XP32/64 Vista32/64

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 jct5509

jct5509
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

Thanks much, I've got it on flash and will give it a try later today. TNX again J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users