Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup screen not visible

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nexop

nexop

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me. I have Windows 7 dual-booting with Ubuntu 10.10 and I'm not sure if that is the cause of the problem or not. I have a HP G6000EA laptop that I recently installed windows 7 on. I have installed the relevant graphics drivers for my Nvidia GeForce Go 6100 graphics card. I had no problem until recently, my wireless card which is a broadcom is not being recognised but that's just extra information. When I load windows 7 in normal mode the startup screen will not display anything except the mouse on a black screen. It will load fine in safe mode but it will not load normally. My drivers appear to be installed correctly and Ubuntu loads fine and I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users