Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

getting updates

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chocolatechib

chocolatechib

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

hello, I want to start off by wishing everyone in the bleeping computer community a happy new year. I hope you are all in good spirits, some of you still have good and strong spirits in you which explains the hangover. May all your 2011 blow 2010 out of the water.

My main issue today is one involving my virus protection program that is tied into my firewall program. I am talking about Comodo. I just installed comodo on my laptop which is running vista home basic sp 2, and I can't get the virus program to update itself. I spent a lot of time on google researching the problem. A lot comments I read on many message boards that pertained to people with the same issue suggested that I had a massive malware problem on my hard drive. More than one individual recommended that I use malware bytes. I used it and it found a lot of malware on my system which i subsequently deleted. It however did not delete those attached to my registry files. So I got a registry file cleaner and got it taken care of . After all that effort I still have the same problem. I still can't get the virus program to update itself. I know that port 80 is open or I wouldn't be getting out on the web. I can't get any of my other programs to update either, not the malware bytes itself, nor this program called Igeek.

I am thoroghly at a loss right now. i need all the input i can get. I even checked to see if i was using a proxy server to get online, and that is not the case. Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users