Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google is redirecting in FireFox

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 redbourn

redbourn

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

Hi,

I tried a couple of malware removal tools including hijack this and malwarebyte but Firefox still gets redirected when I do a Google search.

Right now I'm running the Microsoft full service scan which has picked up 6 items and 2 issues but I won't know what they are for hours yet.

It's been running for about 6 hours and is only 14% done.

I ran combofix before coming to this site and reading that I shouldn't run it without a guiding hand.

The results are posted at pastie.org.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 redbourn

redbourn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:44 AM

I ran SuperAntiSpyware and the problem has gone away ;)

Let's hope it doesn't come back!

Apart from tons of cookies, the following is all that it found and quarantined;

s0.2mdn.net [ C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\WXEWQSNS ]

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Falcomp[Cont]
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\WEB COMPONENTS\MESSENGER.EXE

I can't imagine that a cookie was the problem, although I know little about malware, and I couldn't find out any information about ..

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Falcomp[Cont]

Michael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users