Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forums Parse Error

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 thenoose

thenoose

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:28 PM

my phpbb forum doesnt work atm.
The reason seems to be this error whenever i click on a different forum:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/paradoxo/public_html/forums/viewforum.php on line 694

This happened after i installed a mod to change the colours of different groups. I followed all the instructions in the readme file and i have no idea where i went wrong!

I tried changing the file "viewforum.php" back to the original but it still gives the same error.

Can anyone help? I can send you the mod files and the the files you need to change if youre willing!
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 10 December 2005 - 06:49 PM

When you installed the mod you must have incorrectly cut something off or added an extra $ ..what is the text at line 694?

#3 Eveccker

Eveccker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:37 PM

Somewhere in the script, probably at the very end, theres a missing }, this is probably the error, but it might not be. Like grinler said, whats on line 694?

#4 thenoose

thenoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:27 AM

i fixed it back to what it was before but it gives me a different error, could i get a friend to send me the "viewforum.php" file from his forum (with the same style) to replace with my faulty one?
Also, where exactly are the member posts/data stored in the forum ftp folder?
Posted Image

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:33 AM

They are stored in the database

#6 thenoose

thenoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:37 PM

that's in public_html/forums/db right? The files in there are kinda small (around 10kb) so i dunno if i have the wrong one or not?
Posted Image

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:53 PM

I have no way of knowing where your isp would store the dbfiles. THey would end with extensions like .frm, myd, myi. You really shouldnt touch or do anything to those files directly.

#8 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:54 PM

That is why it is recomended to make a backup copy of every thing before you add a mod. You will not be able to see the database through FTP. Anyway, the data in the database is not the issue. What is the error you are getting now?

#9 thenoose

thenoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:39 AM

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected '[' in /home/paradoxo/public_html/forums/viewforum.php on line 623"
is the error im getting now

could i get a friend to send me the "viewforum.php" file from his forum (with the same style) to replace with my faulty one?

again, is this possible?
Posted Image

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:49 AM

Styles should not affect the viewforum.php...dont you have the original archive for the forum software that you can use to get that file?

#11 thenoose

thenoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:52 AM

thanks for your help, i managed to fix it by downloading the file off www.phpbb.com :thumbsup:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users