Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 yahoo search redirect

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 plumsweet

plumsweet

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

I have recently been infected with some sort of virus. When I search yahoo (or google) I am provided with search results, however, when I click on any results I am redirected through some site called Wofen to random sites. I am not stupid with computer, but I have never attempted to repair. Please help. I have read this topic
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic348231.html/page__p__1954287__hl__wofen__fromsearch__1#entry1954287

but I am unsure and uneasy about trying to fix it. If I take it to geek squad willt they be able to repair it if it has something to do with my router. Thank so much for any responses.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 plumsweet

plumsweet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Ok so here is what happened. I took it to a pc guy and had him look at it. He called and said it was fixed. Brought it home, and same problem. Turned out my router had a virus and needed to be reset and setup again. Thank goodness I had antivirus software (paid AVG) because without it, i fear the attack would have been much worse. Now all is well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users