Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound problem with HP Pavillion DV 8000

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 b2bbp

b2bbp

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:07 PM

I have an HP Pavillion DV8000 Lap Top using Windows XP Pro Service pack 3. The sound car or driver is Conexant AMC Audio.
While playing some music last night from Pandora Internet Radio, the sound sounded like a streaming issue. Now all of my sounds including notifications ie: mail receipt, errors etc...

I went back to HP and downloaded/installed the driver for this machine but it didn't help.

Does anyone have an ideas?

Thanks,
Bobby

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

so you have some sound and it cuts in and out ? or now you have no sound ? please describe issue again ?
ideas:
check Device Manager for yellow or red flags in the sound and audio section.
when you re-install drivers you should first uninstall old drivers.
have you installed software recently that uses audio (maybe something from Pandora). try uninstalling.
try external speakers to see if problem is with internal speakers.
alot of issues with laptops are overheating issues. are vents blocked with dust ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users