Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's a "condobloke"?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CYBER-NEO

CYBER-NEO

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:39 AM

Hello,all!

This is like my first day in school... My poor laptop had to take the backseat for now after being battered by a virus it got when I was tempted to download a what promised to be a "free movie". Was referred to someone they call a "geek" who messed it up all the more & flew off with my $200 bucks. Well, its a lesson learned...ought to be careful next time! Found ur site, felt good about it @ first sight...provided hope for a computer "stupident" like me.

Well, this has been a long intro... First Question: What's a 'condobloke"; Why this word appears after my chosen screen name right @ the bottom of the INTRO forum page?

Domo arigato!!! :woot:

Edited by CYBER-NEO, 02 January 2011 - 07:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

:welcome: to the BC forums.

condobloke is the username of another BC member.

I gather the name appeared beside yours at the bottom of the page under "2 User(s) are reading this topic". Ahhh ... you say: Yes, it would seem that condobloke was reading your post shortly after you made it.

"What's a condobloke?" you ask: Well, obviously it is a bloke from Condo (Condobolin) in central NSW, Australia. How do I know this? Well, I live just a couple of hours away from Condo.

I can only hope all your questions are so easily answered! And now I am left to wonder what "Domo arigato" means.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

Unfortunately, you have learned two important lessons: be extremely careful what you download (especially if it is "shady") and never let someone you do not know and trust have any sort of access to your computer. At BC, all computer help is absolutely free, and the site is recognised by experts as one of the most reliable on the Internet.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users