Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Frag virus. Help please

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 justanotherguy

justanotherguy

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:28 AM

ok so awhileago my computer got the virus or whatever this crud is. i dont know how but it just did. after reading a few comments on removing this crap. i went to safe mode on my windows, and i found the source, im guessing and i sent them,( because there were quite a few with weird names) and then i pulled the short cut to "quick Defrag" over to the recycle bin. and then i restarted. so i havent gotten the message of "Missing hardrive" which quick frag causes in order for people to get people to download this crud. but when i search stuff on google, that has something to do with wikipedia it takes me to another random website. and i found a yahoo answers page but when i click it it takes me to this website called scour dot com. and i dont know what else to do. the quick defrag seems to have gone away but my pc still seeems to be infected or something. what should i do? i dont want to download stuff that i have to pay for. i want free effective stuff. i hear spybot search and destroy is great, any suggestions? and thank you all for your support
and ive tried all the rkill downloads that this website offers but all of them, i click run and alittle hourglass appears next to my mouse pointer then bothing happens. the only one that seems towork is "rkill.scr" but after i click on run program, the notepad appears with weird symbols. can anybody help me with this issue? please and thanks inadvance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users