Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ypckrhou.dll

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 allikat1216

allikat1216

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

Hi! I have a Vaio laptop running XP, and I'm getting an error message when I restart it, that the file ypckrhou.dll is missing - I have googled this and can't find any info pertaining to this file. Does anyone know what it is or does? If it's not needed, any idea how I can get the error message to go away?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:23 AM

Hi and welcome -
You are right about that .dll , it seems to be unknown , or might mean an infection if there are other problems -
2 items to perform first -
A full check disk scan - Copy and paste the following code into your Run Box , close all open programs , including the internet and click on OK -
The code will auto shutdown your system and reboot it 30 seconds after you click OK, so do not touch your computer as the scan takes about 30 to 45 mins to perform a full 5 stage check/repair (if required) -
CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /R | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30
Next , if you have the XP CD place it in the computer and type or copy/paste the item sfc /scannow in your Run Box -
This can be done without the CD but it will not replace all missing files, but it will still check them - If the sfc item pauses just click Continue -

Thanks -

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:05 AM

First guess...it'a a leftover startup item from malware which has been removed.

I would download/install AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx .

Click on the Logon tab displayed. Take a look at the items reflected, see if there is a reference to this file.

If so, disable or delete the reference (your choice).

The file reflects nothing when doing a Google search, it is not part of Windowss or any known program.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users