Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Noise issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hometown_glory

hometown_glory

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

Hi,

Lately I've been noticing that while listening to any audio files (music, movies, etc.) I will get a "bzzzt" type noise, sometimes it will happen often during just a song and sometimes it won't even happen at all. I have updated all my drivers, as far as I know and the problem is still there. It's a pretty annoying issue.

Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it? It concerns me considering my laptop is just over a month old.

Here are some of my specs.

I have a HP dv6 notebook.
AMD Turion II P540 Dual-Core Processor 2.40GHz
RAM: 4GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
Sound: ATI High Definition Audio Device
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Thanks for any help.

Edited by hometown_glory, 02 January 2011 - 12:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

It's most likely a loose connection somewhere or electrical interference. Check if any appliances are starting up (microwave, fridge, washing machine). Cars and lawn mowers used to be prime candidates but not so much these days. It may be happening more than you think - perhaps you only notice when listening intently? I can't think of many PC related issues - sometimes moving the mouse can interfere with audio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users