Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AntiVirus 8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dvdrgrs

dvdrgrs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

I'm getting a command that says I'm infected, put an icon on my desktop and wants me to run something called Antivirus 8. The computer is new and I haven't set up an anti-virus program yet. I tried to download one but couldn't access it. My OS (Windows 7) sent me a warning that Antivirus 8 wanted to make a change to my computer and I clicked the "No" button. Now I can't even open up the system, I just keep getting kicked out after putting in my password and before I see the desktop. I seem to be in a continuous loop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:30 AM

Please Restart your computer and tap F8. When the Advanced boot options menu comes up, select "repair windows".

After the Recovery environment is loaded, select enter at the keyboard layout screen, provide logon details (or press enter if you have no password set) and then click the option Startup Repair.
Allow windows to perform a Startup Repair and when done see if you can reboot normally.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users