Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What kind of hard drive enclosure to get for my Fujitsu MHZ2160BH-G2 hard drive?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 andrewset

andrewset

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

I don't understand what kind of hard drive enclosure to get for my Fujitsu MHZ2160BH-G2 hard drive. It's a 2.5" SATA drive, so I bought a 2.5" SATA enclosure off eBay. But the enclosure arrived, and the two sets of teeth (Sata Power and Serial Data, for the longer set and shorter set, respectively) are just too thin/flat/narrow for the 'teeth' coming out of the Fujitsu MHZ2160BH-G2 model drive. My drive has 'higher' teeth, thicker, less narrow, so they need a thicker 'plug.' But I don't know what type of drive this is refereed to as, which I need to know for a new eBay search. Here is my drive as seen on newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822116093

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Hi,it should have worked as sata connections are uiniversal

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 andrewset

andrewset
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

Unfortunately the hard drive's connections are like these thick blades, that don't slide/fit into the thin slot of the enclosure's slot.

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

Unfortunately the hard drive's connections are like these thick blades, that don't slide/fit into the thin slot of the enclosure's slot.

i think that maybe the hdd has an adapter on it to connect to the laptop motherboard that need to be removed first , maybe

Edited by caperjac, 01 January 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#5 andrewset

andrewset
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

i think that maybe the hdd has an adapter on it to connect to the laptop motherboard that need to be removed first , maybe

I checked, but I don't seem to be able to remove anything like such an adapter from the mobo. But is there a particular kind of adapter I could search for on eBay that would do the trick?

#6 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:13 AM

I checked, but I don't seem to be able to remove anything like such an adapter from the mobo. But is there a particular kind of adapter I could search for on eBay that would do the trick?

none that i know of, i guess there is no adapter on theharddrive ,do you have a camera you could use to take a picture of the end of your hdd and post it here ,the picture in your link of newegg doesn't show the plugg end of the drive.as i said before to thebest of my knowledge there is onle one size sata connection for 2.5" hdd ,but i could be wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users