Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Home Premium - Taskbar Thumbnails have disappeared?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ZerosReign

ZerosReign

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

Ok, so I am brand new to Windows 7 and have been enjoying a lot of the new features. The only frustrating thing so far was the inability to manually rearrange icons in folders, but that's another story...

I just installed the recommended Windows updates last night, and now the Thumbnail Previews for open windows on the taskbar are disabled. I've restarted, etc, with no luck, and tried to find help online, but I can't seem to find a solution for Home Premium that doesn't involve editting the Registry...

Hopefully this is a simple fix, and I am just not typing in the right search words. These forums were fantastic when I got a nasty little virus on XP last time, so I am turning here again for help.

Please let me know if I need to provide any other information. Thanks for the help, and Happy New Year!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ZerosReign

ZerosReign
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

Hmmm, looks like maybe a Desktop setting just failed somehow. It didn't work the first time, but I changed my desktop theme back to a standard Aero one, then recustomized it, and the Thumbnails seem to be working again.

Guess that solves that problem! Only question is if this is a known bug or just a fluke?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users