Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

redirect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 shilo2

shilo2

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

i get redirecred in firefox and random pop ups.any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shilo2

shilo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

thanks for the reply to my redirect problem,but i may have a bigger problem.I am getting so far and then i get bsod.im on a differant computer now to post this.
what do do now any help will be greatly appreciated.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,960 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

Hello,

I have merged your two topics into one and removed that other reply. I am also moving this topic to the Am I Infected forum for now.

Please explain when these BSOD'S occur. Does it happen when you are trying to boot into normal mode, when you are trying to run one of the programs in the preparation guide, or . . . ?

Are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 shilo2

shilo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

im up and running on it again for how long i dont know.it does it in normal mode.i managed to do a quick scan with malwarebytes,it didnt find anything.

#5 shilo2

shilo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

im going to reboot and see what happens.it took a lomg time the last time.

#6 shilo2

shilo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

i rebooted and it hasnt gone down on me yet.it still took a while to start but it did.im still gettint redirected in firefix,i also get a screen saying im infected.i got this the other day and clicked on it.it was antivirus 8.
i thought i got rid of it.

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,960 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

So, to clarify, the BSOD occurs when you are booting up?

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,960 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

Regardless, because your computer is now up and running, please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom

#9 shilo2

shilo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

yes it only did it when i booted up.

#10 shilo2

shilo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

got to step 2.tried to chkdsk got bsod.back on other computer.right now its froze on welcome screen.

#11 shilo2

shilo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

cant get it stay on long enough to do anything,trying to start up in safe mode.ok its in safe mode now any ideas w

any ideas what to do now?

#12 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,960 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:57 PM

create the log in safe mode. Explain in the new topic, once you create it, why you had to do so. ~ OB

Orange Blossom

#13 shilo2

shilo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

how do i do that in safe mode.i cant access dda file to generate log.when i have it up it crashes when i start a dds file.

#14 shilo2

shilo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

dds file

#15 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,960 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users