Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Elton John and David Furnish as parents

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:03 AM

I must say I was disgusted to read this about one person's niavity that actually caused an international uproar, which it did.

"A US store has caused an international uproar after using a plastic magazine cover to obscure a picture of Elton John, his husband and their baby.

Jennifer Huddleston was at the Harps grocery store in the Arkansas town of Mountain Home when she saw the cover of Us Weekly covered with a "Family Shield" placard."

More Details and Pictures here.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/8203081/us-store-censors-elton-john-magazine

I am not Gay, but I respect their right to be as they will, it is no big deal to me. I have had business dealings with Gays of both sexes and have always found them very trustworthy in their business dealings with me, except for a small perchantage, but I can honestly same the same applies to Straight people, so to me it is no big deal.

What really get's up my nose is how some people on this thread are saying that Gay's cannot be good parents. That is totally rediculious.

Every person has the oppertunity to be a good parent. Why does being Gay make a difference in any way? We all know cases of where kids of Straight couples have been disadvantaged by their parents Divorce. Why not could it be also true with Gay couples? My mind boogles with this, as it it truely is discrimination.

It really revolves around how the parenting skills are to each couple, no matter if Gay or Straight.

I would like to post two examples from my two families of kids just to show the point in what I say, BTW they were both Straight relationships, but show the difference in parenting shills.

My first wife was an Aussie (German descent) we had 4 wonderful kids and were together for 20 years, then the crunch care. We fought over Assets, but NEVER the Kids, I was very happy to leave them with her, she was happy for me to have full access to them at any time and actually encouraged it. To me that was good Parenting, also reinforced by my Attorney (Solicitor) at the time.

My second was from an Asian country, which I will not mention for not wanting to bring shame on that Country. We had two wonderful kids, but two of my first family died when they were each babies. When the crunch came after 10 years, she just walked away and left me with the choice to lose my precious kids or give up work. I had no choice, really. I chose my kids and fought like heck.

When it got close to final conflict, I asked my kids what they really wanted? Both said, "We want to live one week with you, Dad, and one week with Mum." That is exactly what they got. Back then they were 8 years old and 5 years old. Now they are almost 20 and 17 and are well adjusted kids that love their Dad as a Mentor.

Just a side note? Their mother seperated from her Partner from back then. They had two kids in the time. She agreed to shate his kids with him in the same way.

Sometimes the kids really get forgotten while all the Crap goes on between parents? That is what really hurts them. That is just unfair to any child.

I hope that this is revelant to most people?

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 30 January 2011 - 12:37 AM.

What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 JohnCe

JohnCe

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

" What really get's up my nose is how some people on this thread are saying that Gay's cannot be good parents. That is totally rediculious."
Hello Ray, Who`s said that then? We are discussing the right of a gay person to be a parent - not whether or not they will make good ones! :thumbup2: Regards John.

#18 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

@ JohnCe

We are discussing the right of a gay person to be a parent - not whether or not they will make good ones! :thumbup2: Regards John.

Exactly my point, my friend. who can really Judge just who is going to be a GOOD Parent? Be it Gay or Straight. The real issue is whether anyone has a right to be a parent? Exactly the same thing.

Some times people just get carried away and forget that not ALL people are the same. Each one of them have the right to be treated on their Merits as a Citizen, not to be discriminated against because they don't comply with other's Beliefs. Sound familiar?

Just liike the person in that Store, it is disgusting for that to happen in "The Land of the Free" Be it in any Country that believes in true Democracy.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#19 JohnCe

JohnCe

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

May I refer you to Post 9 Ray? There are other issues involved in two people of the same sex having babies.
John.

Edited by JohnCe, 31 January 2011 - 06:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users