Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry Locations Of Currupt\stray Entries

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gsg1080

gsg1080

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:12 AM

Hi all,

I am stuck in my R & D work for which i seek help.

I am doing an application to identify and repair\remove currupt registry entries. For that I scanned HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\INPROCSERVER32 and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\LOCALSERVER32 to delete invalid entries. I want to know where else we can find such incorrect keys\entries ?I am sure there must be other locations in registry where we can find stray entries to remove. what are those?

Any help will be trully appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-GSG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:33 AM

You can use Spybot and Adaware. They will show all abnormal Hkeys. cCleaner also will scan for bad registry HKeys. Also HJT will reveal quite a bit of information.

Use extreme Caution!
You can damage your Operating System beyond repair!
If you don't know what you are doing....DON'T!!

Use these at your own risk.

Spybot S&D 1.4
AdAware SE 1.06
cCleaner ver. 1.26.218
HighJackThis program

Edited by acklan, 08 December 2005 - 08:34 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 gsg1080

gsg1080
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 09 December 2005 - 12:56 AM

Ok. thanks for this. i got few new locations from registry from these products, but i want strong evidence\ the way to identify and remove these invalid entries. because in my application i'll need to scan and fix the entries in correct way. if i can scan whole\almost complete registry then it'll be great!

any support?? plz help...

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:21 AM

At this point you should post a HJT log in the HJT Forum. Go here Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log and follow the instruction to the letter. The HJT Team will review your log and post a fix. Please do not modify your HJT log.. Modifing you HJT can damage you registry. Please do not reply to your post. The HJT Team will see the reply and may assume another team member is working on it.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users