Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Volumer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 snapdaddy99

snapdaddy99

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

My speakers and sound will work good about an hour then an error pops up and after the error when I click the speaker icon it says "There are no active mixer devices available. Go to control panel, click printers and other hardware, and then click add hardware". Any suggestions on what to do so this does not keep happening. When I restart the computer it works fine for about the first hour. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:23 AM

As with any strange behaviour, you should ensure the PC is free of malware. If the one-hour problem is predictable, you should keep an eye on your PC at that time (and information such as Task Manager) to see if anything is happening, whether it's you or the PC doing it.

I would check for any issues in the sound section of Device Manager and in Control Panel/Sounds to see if there is anything amiss (before and after the problem). In the Audio tab, the default devices should be what you expect and that mixers are present when you select the Volume button for the play and record sections.

Obviously the printers have nothing to do with the audio. It appears the reboot is reinstalling whatever was apparently going missing. You need to do a bit more checking yourself and post back with more details of your PC setup. Also if this started out of the blue or coincident with any events (such as installing a new printer!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users