Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Roadrunner Webmail

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Larry Dunn

Larry Dunn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

My problem is with the Google Search enhancement recently introduced into Bright House Roadrunner Webmail.

Each time I open an email message, the cursor moves to the Google Search window. When I press the Down cursor to read the message, the window opens up and shows the search terms instead of scrolling the message.

This forces me to hit the Tab key, or else click inside the message, to be able to scroll through it.

As a creature of habit, it is hard for me to do this. And I think it is quite an imposition on the part of the Webmail design team, to put the focus on the Google Search doodad, instead of on the email message that really ought to be their main concern.

I have been writing to the Webmail support people, since December 16. It is hilarious really, to see how many ways people can misunderstand my simple request. They seem to be convinced that I have a problem reading my emails. Again and again I have assured them that I can read my emails perfectly.

The solutions proposed are of two types. Removing cookies and temp files, and using another browser. I am using Internet Explorer 8. Going to another browser seems to me a rather drastic solution, and I am not convinced that it would have any effect on the behavior of the Google Search button. Surely it is a question for the Webmail design team. So far, I have not been able to get through to them.

I spend most of my time working in Excel VBA. I do well enough there, but my internet knowledge is very slim.

I'm hoping that someone in this forum will have the expertise to make the Google Search be available, but not constantly intrusive.

Thanks for any help.

Larry Dunn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users