Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

best place to buy laptop screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yorkred

yorkred

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:11 PM

what's the best way to replace a laptop screen? I have one here that is cracked.

is there a good reliable site where I can buy a generic screen that's the right size?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MidwestTech

MidwestTech

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

I used these guys back in September to purchase a replacement LCD panel for a HP laptop. The LCD arrived quickly and was in new-from-the-factory condition. Of course, YMMV.

Todd

http://stores.ebay.com/lcdtech99

#3 phatslug

phatslug

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

I also have used LCDTECH on ebay several times with the same results. Each time I got a new product and it was shipped promptly at a good price.

#4 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

When I replace screens I go to this site...
http://www.laptopscreen.com/

They have good prices, back-up there stuff and no hassles. Just call them to make sure that the product you want is in stock before you buy....

Good-luck

Edited by JUICYboy, 07 February 2011 - 06:01 PM.

#5 Badassery

Badassery

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

My mom broke her Acer Aspire D255 screen. I looked on ebay but the lack of direct customer support was a turn off. I found the screen at Humptydumptyservice. Ordered it and got it in 2 days. The repairs on these laptop screens are ridiculously easy. Took me 10mins. Anyways, hope that helps.

I also have a Apple A1342 that has a crack on the screen but I am not so hot on trying to fix a apple but they also have the screen, so I just might give it a shot. It's only $63.... Apple A1342 Humptydumptyservice

#6 BiccyPequeno

BiccyPequeno

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:17 AM

Humpty Dumpty service seems to have been taken down unfortunately. LaptopScreen.com is in the USA, for European buyers I always recommend these chaps at www.laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk

I have always found the service excellent and they have a lot of stock there.

Also I used to use www.laptopscreenonline.com as they were cheaper but they seem to have gone out of business as well now.

What's going on with the screen people?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users