Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ip address changed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lazerdd

lazerdd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:24 PM

I unistalled zonealarm firewall and installed etrust firewall. After intalling the etrust firewall my ip address was changed. I connect to the internet using a LAN network. The subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 the IP address I had was 129.244.45.191 but it was changed to 10.10.9.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:31 PM

I unistalled zonealarm firewall and installed etrust firewall. After intalling the etrust firewall my ip address was changed. I connect to the internet using a LAN network. The subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 the IP address I had was 129.244.45.191 but it was changed to 10.10.9.

Your reply probably belongs in the networking thread, but...

To check if your IP has really changed go to whatismyip.com . This will show you your external ip address. The address you listed is an internal address - the world outside of your network doesn't see any address starting with 10. or 192.168.

Check out the threads in the networking forum.

#3 DarkRaika

DarkRaika

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:29 PM

I have a feeling dude your just getting a missunderstanding there. Basically there is an Internal and External IP for your Modem Connection which is probably a Modem/Router. Or maybe you had a slight change in your setup for connecting to the net so you are now using the Routing and Firewall functions of your Modem. The point is that there are 2 numbers that represent the Modem/Router which is your connection and that is either a weird number like 84.128.*.* which is the external IP number probably DHCP that the ISP is giving you which means it will change all the time and there is an Internal IP number for the same device which would be something like 10.0.*.* or 192.168.*.*

If you originally had the external number as your connection you likely had your computer bridged to the modem.

But basically theres no need to worry. Its mostly likely to be just the different methods the 2 firewall programs use to display information but both that you have shown mean the same thing.

31337 is a prime number .... 1337 is not .... go figure!

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 09 December 2005 - 02:40 AM

You never stated but are you having trouble accessing the internet or parts of you LAN?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users