Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What substitute for Lotus Organizer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mach37

mach37

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:19 AM

I just read several discussions about using Lotus Organizer with Win 7, and concluded that I can't, not with Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I looked at the suggested alternatives at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_personal_information_managers but before I spend a lot of time researching them, does anyone here know of a name & address app that can display a large number of names on a single page? Organizer was perfect for me, MS Outlook not nearly so good but acceptable.

I tried installing Outlook on Win 7, using my MS Office 2000 CDs, and that doesn't work either. Do later versions of MS Office run Outlook in Win 7 64-bit? I don't really want go that route- I prefer Mozilla-based email & browser programs.

Mac

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LT Dan

LT Dan

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

Mac, i like Thunderbird, so I'm biased of course. http://www.efficientaddressbook.com/ give that a try see if you like it, not familiar with it, there was a couple other ones on cnet but they didn't get good reviews, i put all my addys into thunderbird from all other email accounts and export them, i also downloaded a silver theme it's an addon which makes thunder look little better, not so bright, wish someone would make a darker theme for it, these big monitors even when turned down you know get the eyes sore anyway, was really disappointed in the addy book with outlook 2010, nor could i even import hotmail addys from online correctly, it should be simple, not pick name, notes, etc specifics, should just grab the info, i love 7 and office 2010 and just scratch my head when they goof on their own stuff, i mean hotmail should have no problem integrating with office at all, nor have to download anything extra to import, isn't that the idea of LIVE? safe new year to ya, hope my blabben helped :busy:
Elvis has left the buidling...

#3 OldSoftware

OldSoftware

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

I'm still using Word97, Approach and 123 with Win7 64b. I haven't tried Organizer as I never used it. Have you tried organizer?

#4 Jazzgirl

Jazzgirl

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:11 PM

Windows 7 seems to handle a lot of legacy software just fine. Did you go to their site and look through their help files? On the first page of their Home page is a section about Windows 7 and organizer. I am posting the link below.

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/lotus/products/organizer/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users