Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rundll32.exe / svchost.exe

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Black_

Black_

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:20 AM

Hello,

First problem:
Just today I noticed my mouse curser would get "stuck" temporarily then continue on in the direction I was going. I cannot find what the culprit is of this annoyance as of yet. It happened randomly, and without cause, I did not install/download/upload, or convert anything on my PC at the time. I was looking in my Task manager and noticed I had a FUFAXSTM.exe and realized I did not have this before. So thinking this might be the problem, I googled it and saw it "can" come from Epson equipment(which I recently bought a printer). So I deleted all of the "Fax" programs from my add/remove program for the printer to see if that would work. Well the FUFAXSTM.exe process/file is not there anymore, so i'm going to assume I fixed it. However, I still have the curser problem.
Second problem:
As I was in task manager I noticed I have about 8-11 different "svchost.exe" processes. (couldn't tell you when/why/how I got them, but I do). Which, after looking through the startup list on this site, I realized most of them are probably trojans/backdoor spyware, etc. I also saw a rundll(<-LL)32.exe which says it is a trojan, according to the database here.

Here's the kicker, I have ran Eset, MbAM, SAS, AVG and ALL have found nothing except SAS which found some random adware from cookies. (I have not run any programs in Safe mode yet)

Could I be pointed in the direction as how to fix this nuisance. I would like to get rid of the scvhost's as i'm confident I do not need them. I've looked into the Rkill program BC.com has made and seem interested, however I don't want to do anything to my computer that could hinder some assistance from some of the members here or prolong my problem.

I look forward to a helpful response.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users