Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mysterious and stupid port problem.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Goomba

Goomba

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

I've tried multiple port checking tools and NONE of them can find ANY open port. Everything was working absolutely fine, and all of a sudden, this happens for NO reason. I had a Minecraft server running for me and my friends and it worked absolutely fine until today. I did absolutely NO tweaking to my internet connection. The only thing that has happened is that I would occasionally put in a wireless adapter when using the ethernet cord for something else, but I removed all software and network stuff regarding that completely. I have never been this frustrated in a long time. I've tried re-forwarding ports, disabling and enabling my network adapter, etc, etc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m1garand

m1garand

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

Did you add the ports and the minecraft software (Can't remember if minecraft's download or a web browser game) to your firewall's exceptions list? You could try resetting your router by poking a pin into that tiny little hole which most routers have or you could log into your router and do a reset from there. Then you could set your wireless networks and ssid's back up and try port forwarding again.

#3 Goomba

Goomba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

Just tried resetting the router, and it didn't work. What could have possibly caused this? Yes, I added the ports, but NO ports are working.

#4 Goomba

Goomba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:14 PM

Sorry for the bump. I'm quite desperate at the moment.

#5 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

If no ports are open then you couldn't have posted here. What os? What port or range are you trying to open? what router? list the steps you took to resolve this problem. I assume minecraft is a game. Does your router have a firewall (most do)?

Edited by thrillhouse, 15 January 2011 - 03:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users