Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB TV tuner dongles not recognised

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 silver threads

silver threads

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

This is a wild shot in the dark - I do not know whether anyone can advise me as it is not exactly computer related. I recently purchased a new desktop replacement laptop with Windows Media Centre installed and I hoped to be able to use this feature to view and save live TV progs. to the laptop. I have tried 3 different TV tuners, none of which have been recognised by my computer. I do not know if the usb is not sensitive enough and have tried each of the 3 usb ports without any success. These dongles came with small under-powered aerials so I purchased a better amplified aerial for the tuner - still no luck. Just to confirm whether or not the aerial was faulty, I plugged it into the nearest TV, in place of its normal aerial and it worked fine with no loss of picture quality. The roof aerial, when plugged into the TV dongle, picked up and saved 112 digital TV and radio stations, so that bit worked, the problem is the unresponsive TV dongles. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users