Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there a utility to automatically compare autoruns to startup database

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jacksonhill

jacksonhill

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

Hi guys.

Can someone tell me if there is a utility that would accept as input, the report generated by autoruns and compare each entry to the startup database and flag any of the autoruns entries that are marked as X in the startup database? I think that would be a good utility.

For example, just casually reviewing the autoruns report on my machine, I encounter the program alcxmntr.exe which is flagged with an X in the startup database. I suspect there are others but there are a bunch of programs starting up on my machine and is time-consuming to check each one individually. Would be nice if I could automatically search the database in a single operation and generate one report of all the flagged programs.

Thanks,

Jack

Edit: added alcxmntr comment

Edited by jacksonhill, 30 December 2010 - 05:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

No there isn't a tool. We have thought of this in the past but found there would be way too many false positives for us to be comfortable with.

#3 jacksonhill

jacksonhill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:15 AM

No there isn't a tool. We have thought of this in the past but found there would be way too many false positives for us to be comfortable with.

Ok, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users