Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AOL as ISP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jnk1296

jnk1296

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

My mom is getting tired of our current ISP, Avenue Broadband. In the past, she had signed up with AOL for a Dial-up connection, and all was fine and dandy. (NOTE: At the time i was 4, and didn't know much of anything about computers or the internet.) Since then, i've grown to absolutely HATE AOL with a passion for various reasons. Anyway, back to the point. My mom has gone through 2 ISPs since then, Time Warner, and Avenue Broadband. Now, Avenue Broadband is not the greatest ISP in the world, but for some reason or another, she's decided that she wants to switch back to AOL w/ a broadband connection. Now this is a perfect choice for both her and my dad, since they only use the AOL browser, but i'm a Firefox/Chrome person. So here is my question:

IF WE HAVE AOL AS OUR ISP, WILL I BE ABLE TO USE FIREFOX/CHROME/IE ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jnk1296

jnk1296
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

Once again, i've answered my own question. AOL doesn't offer it's own Broadband connection. It goes through OTHER BROADBAND SERVICES!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users