Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen help!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mccraken

mccraken

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

Hello, I cleared a virus this morning, not exactly sure which one but Malware found infections and quarantined.
Was runnin Avast full scan afterwords and walked away. Came back and computer was off. Tryed restarting but the monitor goes into sleep mode and keyboard/and mouse don't apear to come on. computer is a Dell Dimension C521 Desktop with XP. Can any one help?? Thanks, Mccraken :( :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

Check all the connections, check condition of case/fans for possible overheating.

Try a different PSU...

Take a look in Event Viewer for possible errors that are clues.

Louis

#3 mccraken

mccraken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:34 PM

Thanks, I could hear the fan running hard. I opened the case and cleaned off the fan. Back up and running!!!:)

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

I would suggest purchasing some canned air and blow out all of the dust. Pay particular attention to the heat sink and fan assembly on the CPU, any fans or heat sinks on other boards (like a graphics card), and the air intake vents.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users