Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why does my recycle bin say it's 10% full when it only has 100 KB in it?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shellybelle72

Shellybelle72

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:14 AM

Why does my recycle bin say that it is 10% full when it only has 100 KB in it? Does that mean my recycle bin will only hold 1,000 KB? I don't think that's right. I have had much more than that in there before, after deleting several large photos large meaning many KB. I right clicked on the recycle bin shortcut on my desktop that I see when I first turn on the computer. I wanted to see how many KB it was holding before I deleted them to see just how many KB I was removing from my computer. When I click on properties, under the "global" tab, it gives a horizontal bar with 10 dots going across, each dot representing a tenth. Below that, it says, "10%" then below that it says, "Maximum size of recycle bin (percent of each drive)" Or does this mean the mazimum the recycle bin will hold is 10% of the computer's entire memory?

Thanks for your input. :crazy:

Shelly☮

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:25 AM

Right click on your Recycle bin, then click on Properties. You can adjust the percentage of the capacity by moving the indicator to the amount you want. The maximum size is a percentage of each drive used.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 damnyank

damnyank

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

I beleive it means 10% of the maximum size of each drive that is reserved for the recycle bin. Mine has two additonal tabs - one for C: and one for D:, clicking on either tab will tell you the size of the drive and the amount reserved for the recycle bin on that drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users