Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corel Vidoe Studio Pro X3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Richardf77

Richardf77

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:17 AM

I have recently been trying out a trial version of this software as a possible replacement to an older Ulead version of this software that will not work on my new Windows 7 PC. I have been getting reasonable results in creating DVDs from recorded TV shows (my main reason for using the software) but have found the software hard to use and it has taken me nearly all of the 30 day trial to get anywhere with it.

I was wondering if anyone oth there uses this version of the software and could give any advice or tips as to how to get the best results out of it. Alternatively could anyone recommend an alternative with similar features and at a similar price level (ie a directly comparable product) that i could try out?

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Richardf77

Richardf77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:00 AM

Have just come across the DVD Maker in Windows 7. Is is any good? Would it be a viable alternative to Corel or some other program?

Thanks

#3 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

It's difficult to make recommendations as it depends on what you are trying to do. Generally, the more versatile the app the more difficult to use. There are a number of reviews if you google "best dvd authoring software", no quotes. One of them I looked at had quite a good comparison of capabilities. Take a look at screenshots where available.

If you are looking for freeware google the above but with "free" in there. Here's one.

In forums you will find that DVD Flick is quite popular. If you are considering the Windows DVD maker, read the last para in the above link regarding your version of Win7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users