Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Sites Blocked

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dreamchaser_jc

Dreamchaser_jc

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:27 AM

Dear all,

I'm having trouble accessing antivirus software sites from my computer even when others in the same network could load the page with ease. In Google Chrome and Firefox, I get a blank page with words telling me the page is unavailable. I'm using a friend's computer as I'm typing this.

Would someone here be so kind to help me out? I'll download whatever's needed into the current computer before transferring it to the computer with problems. It's running Windows XP Professional; with Windows Recovery console installed.

Hope to hear again. Thank you in advance.

-J

PS. I've pored through the forum looking at similar problems but I'm not sure if I should be using the tools (since each post may be unique), hence the new topic.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roderunner

Roderunner

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

Download http://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html using a 'clean' PC then use it on infected PC
Download http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/clamwin_portable Ditto

George's PC Specs. / Laptop.  Desktop.

#3 Dreamchaser_jc

Dreamchaser_jc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:11 AM

Dear Roderunner,

Everything's back to normal now. Thank you very much! :thumbup2: