Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SECURITY SHEILD VIRUS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 roseby

roseby

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:24 AM

[size="7"]HI new here. i have looked for my problem. i have a screen that comes up saying security shield and that my comp is infected with viruses.it asks me to pay for it too. i have mcafee that has not picked anything up.
it is getting annoying now as it wont let me open items up. sometimes mail then photoshop etc. i have tried to find something unusual in the programes. but not sure what the heck i am looking for. i have clicked the windows defender and it says it is not working correctly etc. i am stumped with this one. my hubby tells me it has been on for a while. now. i have been told that rkill will get rid of it. but then it gets confusing. i click for down load and then i get lost.
can someone please give me idiots instruction please. i am usualy okay with most comp things,but this has me foxed.
i am runnung windows vista.

thank you for any help.[/size]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

Hi :).

You might take a careful look...at BC Removal Guide, Security Shield .

If you cannot follow that or cannot obtain successful results, please read/follow the instructions near the bottom of the guide which begin with "If you are still having problems..."

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users