Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install Two Worlds Epic Edition

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Diegno

Diegno

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:15 AM

So this game was on sale for $5. I thought 'why not', and bought it. They force you to install Amazon Games and Software Downloader and it is supposed to do all the work.

When the 4GB file finishes downloading, you get an install button. Upon clicking the install button I get this message:
Execution of command 'C:Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Amazon Games & Software\TwoWorlds\TwoWorlds.exe' failed (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

Their suggestion is to reinstall. I've downloaded a total of 4 times, always with the same result. Amazon doesn't really offer any personal assistance, either. Just a lame FAQ page where the only helpful tip for installation errors is to "Run as Admin if you're using Vista or 7".

I'm running Windows XP, though, with Microsoft Security Essentials and WinPatrol free edition. Since Amazon offered no help, I just thought I'd ask here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users