Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes when trying to install CD's

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Agent J

Agent J

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

As the title says, my problem is that my computer freezes when I try to install new things from a CD instillation disk. The odd thing is that not every CD has this problem, the CD's singled out seem to be quite random (and I do pay attention to the CD requirements). The only way I can really explain is to list the software I've tried to install that has caused the whole thing to lock up and forced me to force quit.

Things that froze the comp:
The Sims 2 Double Deluxe
Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Waters Edge
A Bamboo Wacom installation disk

Things that have not:

Age of Empires I and II
Printer instillation CD

I've gotten around these problems by switching to safemode and installing there. However, for the ND game it didn't work and said that windows installer cannot work in safemode. I don't really understand why that one didn't work but that's not my main question, so I'll ignore that for now.

I have had these issue since I first got this computer a few months ago and I called the provided computer help hotline with this question. They didn't have any answers and I don't know who else to turn to. The model itself is a Toshiba Satellite M645, it of course it runs Windows 7. If anyone could provide any kind of information, any answers, even point me in the right direction, it will be greatly appreciated. If any addition details are required, I would be more than happy to oblige and provide them. Thank you very much.

~ Janelle

Edited by Agent J, 29 December 2010 - 10:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users