Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just-In-Time Debugging

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 escapedd

escapedd

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here or on any other forum. Sometime within the past two days Just-In-Time debugging keeps popping up on my computer. The program is titled Just-In-Time Debugging and asks me to "Please select a debugger." Beneath this is a box titled "Possible Debuggers" the only option listed is "New instance of Microsoft Script Editor". There is also a check box (currently unchecked)with the option to "Set the currently selected debugger as the default". At the bottom of the window, it asks "Do you want to debug using the selected debugger?". If I click No, the window just closes then immediately pops up again. The same thing happens if I simply try to close it. If I click Yes, it opens Microsoft Script Editor [design]. This in turn prompts me to "Step Into Remote Procedure Call". I can close Microsoft Script Editor, but I don't want to muck around with it too much as I have no clue what it is and the Just-In-Time Debugging feels like a virus. In addition, I often get redirected to random add pages when browsing the internet. I do not know if these two issues are related, but they began at the same time. As far as I know, no new software has been downloaded recently. I have also run virus scans through several sources and none of them catch it. PLEASE HELP. From searching around, I know this is an old problem, but none of the proposed solutions seem to work for me. My operating system is Windows XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 escapedd

escapedd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

Nevermind, I think I've solved it!

It turns out that the redirect problem which I thought was a symptom of the Just In Time Debugging is, in fact, the main issue and the JIT was the symptom. Perhaps I'm wrong, but either way this is what I did.

When the JIT message came up--I clicked yes.

Microsoft Script Editor appears

Click OK or Break

At the top of the window, open the Tool menu then click Options

Folders appear on the left, highlight and double-click Debugging (possibly Debugger)

Click JIT Settings

Unclick the checkbox that says Enable JIT

Hit OK

This got rid of the JIT pop-up, but not the redirecting problem.

To fix the Redirect:

Return to the Am I Infected?What Do I Do? forum and click the Another Google redirect virus thread and follow the solution posted there (two are offered). The TDSSKiller download worked for me.

It's been about half and hour, and everything is still working.

Edited by escapedd, 29 December 2010 - 08:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users